- Call for Public FeedbackNovember 4, 2015
- Public Feedback DeadlineDecember 9, 2015
- Call For SubmissionsNovember 2, 2016
- current stageSubmission DeadlineJanuary 17, 2017
- Finalists AnnouncedWinter 2017
- Demo DaySummer 2017
- Winner AnnouncedSummer 2017
About the Challenge
Ready to help build the future of virtual reality, gaming, and ed tech?
The U.S. Department of Education calls for concepts for immersive simulations that transfer academic, technical, and employability skills. Successful simulations will pair the engagement of commercial games with rigorous educational content to prepare students for the 21st century workforce.Read more about the challenge
TOTAL PRIZE POOL
5 finalists receive $50,000
1 grand prize winner receives $430,000
Prizes awarded under this competition will be paid by electronic funds transfer. Winners are responsible for any applicable local, State, and Federal taxes and reporting that may be required under applicable tax laws.